Title: Transculturating Bodies: Politics Of Identity Of Contemporary Dance In China
|Date:||June 6, 1997|
|Length:||21 / 6260|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Instead, Ortiz’s transculturation denominates the transformative process undergone by a society in the acquisition of foreign cultural material – the loss or displacement of a society’s culture due to the acquisition or imposition of foreign material, and the fusion of the indigenous and the foreign to create a new, original cultural product and identity...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Focus is set on reading the dance corpus of Chinese choreographers whose works demonstrate and outline what I call ‘transculturating bodies’, an innovative process that transforms the amalgam of ‘global’ contents of the arts (dance) not into a cultural transplantation or imitation, but instead it leads into a new, original creation...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Fnac -- It Is Time To Arrive In China Or Not?
- Exploring Identity and Time in Here, An Arundel Tomb and The Whitsun Weddings
- How Far is Shylock a Character for Whom We Can Feel Sympathy? How Would a Contemporary Audience's Response to Him Differ from That of an Audience in Shakespeare's Time?
- CHINA-JAPAN POLITICS AND ECONOMICS PERSPECTIVE
- neo-china politics
- Transculturating Bodies: Politics Of Identity Of Contemporary Dance In China
- Contemporary Dance Assesment
- Marriage/Family/Sexuality in Contemporary China
- Oriental Art
- Struggle of Artists Throughout Time
- Armenians: A Look into the Creation and Representation of Racial Identity
- Identity Politics - Opinion On Articles
- Response to Third Party and Independent Candidates in American Politics: Wallace, Anderson and Perot
- The State And Other Actors In Contemporary World Politics
- To be independent? Or not to be Independent? Feminism
3 pages / 643 words
3 pages / 643 words
2 pages / 309 words
2 pages / 501 words
2 pages / 585 words
1 pages / 226 words
2 pages / 320 words