Title: Tommy Rickets
|Date:||July 30, 2006|
|Length:||2 / 429|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
At this time he was only 15
years old. He had lied about his age, many other soldiers had done the same.
According to research by MacLeod and Brown (2005) Tommy Ricketts earned the Victoria Cross in
1918, during the Battle of Courtrai, towards the end of World War I. Tommy had volunteered to
clear out a German battery but during his attempt he ran out of ammunition...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Deciding not to give
up, he returned to his front line. Once he obtained more bullets he was able to make a second effort
to clear out the German battery and he succeeded in their retreat. This success lead to Tommy's
platoon advancing with no harm and capture "four German field guns, four machine guns and eight
prisoners"(MacLeod & Brown, 2005, p...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Two Months
- 6 Months Later
- Horrors Of War
- The Horrors Of War
- The Horrors of War: A Comparison
- How We Survived Communism and Even Laughed
- Themes based on Slavenka Drakulic's "How We Survived Communism and Even Lauged."
- Tommy Rickets
- “Paul Harrington-Vietnam Veteran Kills His Family”
- A Birthday
- abortion is legal in all nine months of pregnancy
- Garden of Horrors
- The nine months that changed my life
- Veteran interview
- The True Meaning of Christmas Has Survived its Commercial Exploitation.