Title: Thomas A' Becket
|Date:||November 23, 1998|
|Length:||5 / 1407|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Four of Henry’s knights, acting on their own, murdered Becket. Shortly thereafter the Catholic Church in Rome declared Becket a saint.
Thomas was destined by his parents for the church and was educated at Merton Priory in Surrey, then one of the leading schools of London, and later in Paris. On his return to England he served as secretary to the lord of Pevensey, who inducted him into the life of a gentleman, hunting with hawk and hounds...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
On his return to England he served as secretary to the lord of Pevensey, who inducted him into the life of a gentleman, hunting with hawk and hounds. Because his father had suffered financial reverses, Thomas worked for three years as a clerk and auditor in the City. Then, when he was 25 years old, he determined to apply for a place in the household of the archbishop of Canterbury, Theobald of Bec, a distant relative...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Ecclesiastical Class
- Why I Decided to Pursue a MBA
- Death comes for the archbishop
- Discuss the importance of Act Three, Scene 5. How does Shakespeare use dramatic devices in order to make it such an interesting and important scene?
- Hamlet and Macbeth and the new King of England
- How does Shakepear use dramatic devices in Act3 Scene1 of Romeo and Juliet in order to make it such an intersting, exciting and important scene?
- We have Decided
- What will make King Lear continue to be worthy of critical study
- thomas king, medicin river
- Thomas A' Becket
- Thomas King
- Building A Radio Empire-chancellor Media
- Germany's Government: Chancellor Democracy
- Thomas Becket Vs Henry Ii
- Thomas B. Stoddard "Gay Marriages: Make Them Legal"
2 pages / 365 words
3 pages / 715 words
3 pages / 614 words
4 pages / 939 words
5 pages / 1407 words
8 pages / 2219 words
2 pages / 379 words