Title: the treaty of versaille
|Date:||September 20, 2014|
|Length:||3 / 654|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
None of the allies disarmed to this extent, contrary to Wilson's 14 points.
? Pay reparations for starting the war
? Horror and outrage
? Did not feel responsible for the war, wanted blame shared
? Public thought that government had agreed to a cease fire and that they had not "lost" the war
? For that reason they felt Germany should have been at the peace conference
? Wanted a choice in the matters
? New government refused to sign at first
? Navy sank their own ships in protest
? Ebert accepted terms on 28th June 1919
? Felt they did not have enough money for reparations and that they would cripple them
? Insulted not to be let into the league of nations
? Did not think the treaty kept to Wilson's 14 points- e...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
some countries were not given self-determination and were ruled by others.
Impact of the Treaty
? Elbert's government was fragile- others tried to revolt against him
? Germany went into chaos
? A workers strike saved the government but crippled the services
? Fell behind with payments in 1922- allies took money in raw materials
? Government ordered the strike to go on
? French killed 100 workers and expelled 100,000 protesters
? Printed more money to give to the Allies- Prises went up
Allies thoughts on the treaty
? Clemenceau did not think they were harsh enough- Voted out in 1920
? Lloyd George was a hero in Britain but he believe another war would break out (of coarse he was right)
? Wilson was disappointed with the treaty, the American congress refused to sign it
All the allies of the Germans had to pay reparations and disarm, so four treaties were draw up to do this...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- lost control
- “The First World War was lost by Germany rather than being won by the Allies”. Discuss.
- Failure of The Treaty of Versaille
- I Am From Former Yugoslavia. Yugonostalgia
- the treaty of versaille
- Why were the Allies able to defeat Germany in W.W.1? Having defeated them, explain the aims of the allies in drawing up the Treaty Of Versailles.
- Yugoslavia and Josip Broz Tito
- yugoslavia WWII
- Critically examine the proposition that small allies have ?exploited' large allies in the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation. Comment on the proposition that prospective gains for producer groups prove more important than assessment of gains to ...
- Lost in the Land of Oz
- Saddam Hussein Of Iraq And Marshal Tito Of Yugoslavia
- THE LOST SHEEP, LOST COIN AND LOST SON
- Democratic Transition of Poland and Czechoslovakia
- Russia and the Kyoto Treaty
2 pages / 380 words
6 pages / 1657 words
2 pages / 318 words
3 pages / 654 words
1 pages / 272 words
2 pages / 456 words
2 pages / 553 words