Title: The Origins Of Geriatric Nursing, The Development In The Last Century.
|Date:||July 27, 2016|
|Length:||6 / 1746|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The early part of the century saw development of separate facilities, such as sanitaria, orphanages and the insane asylum, for most of these categories. Gradually the percentage of elderly increased, from 50% early in the century to 2/3 by 1920 (Schell, 1993). While substantial numbers of the elderly lived out their years in private charitable old-age homes, “these institutions provided custodial rather than medical care” (Schell, p...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Prominent among the voices for change in nursing care for the aged was Lavinia Dock, a nurse and a contributing editor of AJN, a leading feminist and socialist. Along with leading women’s organizations Dock wanted to institute nursing training in the almshouse. As one leading women’s figure stated, “ the great variety of chronic cases- the cases in which the hospital training school is most deficient –will constitute a post-graduate opportunity of great value” (Crane, 1907, p...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- American Fashion In The 1920s And Early 1930'S
- American Women in the Early 19th century
- Changes in the Early 19th Century
- EMANCIPATIONS OF SLAVES AND WOMEN IN THE EARLY NINETEENTH CENTURY
- Industry and Commerce in the Early 19th Century
- Defining Moments Of The Early, High, And Late Middle Ages
- Humanities in the Early, High And Late Middle Ages
- history of women in the early century
- Important Developments in the Humanities During the Early,High and Late Middle Ages
- Influence of WW1 on the artwork of early 20th century
- The Origins Of Geriatric Nursing, The Development In The Last Century.
- Existentialism In The Early 19th Century
- The Progression Of Women’s Rights From The Early 20th Century
- Gandhi the Film and How it Compares to Early 20th Century Indian History
- Geriatric Pain Management & Nursing Implications
8 pages / 2134 words
3 pages / 643 words
4 pages / 1097 words
2 pages / 428 words
1 pages / 137 words
2 pages / 430 words
3 pages / 643 words