Title: The origin of zero
|Date:||November 17, 2016|
|Length:||1 / 245|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
It was only a place holder.
The Mayan culture developed a symbol for the number zero, probably independently of the Babylonians, sometime later. So did the Hindu culture.
The first records we have of the symbol we use for 0, is from Hindu writings from the late 9th century.
There was no internet back then, but information still got around...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Mostly by camelback, or foot, so it took awhile for 0 to migrate to Arab lands, (probably due to commerce).
Eventually, about 400 years after South Asia and Asia Minor had been using 0 and inventing and discovering math concepts the we in the west couldn't even consider (because we were busy being "religiously enlightened" and culturally superior) 0 finally got to the civilized world...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Although New England and the Chesapeake Region were both settled by people of English origin, by 1700 the regions had evolved into two distinct societies. Why did this difference in development occur?
- Although New England and the Chesapeake region were both settles largely by people of English origin, by 1700 the regions had evolved into two distinct societies. Why did this development occur?
- "How to shoot an elephant" and "Empty Seat" caparisons
- Don't Keep Your Shelves Empty
- A Full Life With Empty Barrels
- An Analysis of The Adventure of the Empty House
- Bottles of Empty Promises
- empty. but full.
- Look Back in Anger as an extraordinary play / John Osborne as a dramatist / Social issues in Look Back in Anger / Look Back in Anger as a mouthpiece of John Osborne
- An Empty Earth
- Babylonians And The Contributions To Math
- EMIGRATION FROM COLOMBIA: NOBODY WANTS A EMPTY COUNTRY
- In Many Cases Compulsory Purchase Schemes Are Wholly Or Partly Funded By The Private Sector. As Individuals’ Fundamental Human Rights Are Being Interfered With Consider Whether The Use Of “Back To Back” Arrangements For Compulsory Purchase ...
- empty nest
- back waters assessment of fill space
3 pages / 682 words
2 pages / 574 words
2 pages / 460 words
1 pages / 247 words
2 pages / 498 words
1 pages / 245 words
3 pages / 715 words