Title: The One
|Date:||September 29, 2014|
|Length:||8 / 2205|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Which tasks must be done first, and which ones may follow?
Finally, our concern is attaining desired output efficiently, without using unnecessary input resources.
Capacity, Sequencing and Efficiency
Let’s illustrate these ideas with an example.
A manufacturer is developing plans for a facility to make 320 aluminum storm windows...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The desired minimum daily output capacity is 320 windows. Figure-I and Table-I show the tentative assembly line layout. The operations manager wants to know if this is a good design and if better designs are possible.
A B C D E F G H
Figure-I : Diagram for storm window assembly line
Table – I: Initial assembly line layout for aluminum storm windows
|Work |Preceding |Task Assigned |Task’s Required |Task Time/Unit |
|Station |Work | |Predecessor |(in seconds) |
| |Station | | | |
|1 |- |A: Assemble Frame |None |70 |
|2 |1 |B: Install rubber molding |A |80 |
|3 |2 |C: Install frame screws |A |40 |
| | |D: Install frame each |A |20 |
|4 |3 |E: Install frame handle |A |40 |
| | |F: Install glass pane |B, C |30 |
|5 |4 |G: Cover frame screws |C |50 |
|6 |5 |H: Pack window unit |D, E, F, G |50 |
| | | |Total |380 |
This is a good design if the sequence and assignments meet the following criteria:
? They produce the desired output capacity
? They are feasible
? They are efficient
Is Capacity Adequate?
The number of units this layout allows the company to produce each day depends on the station whose tasks take the longest time to perform...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Organizational frame bending: Principles for managing reorientation,
- Tasks of the International Marketer
- Union Station
- Filling Station
- police requirements for certain tasks
- Station Agent
- The Frame Structure Of Franken
- Calvin's Geneva: Church & World in ordered tasks
- Effects of popular music on memorization tasks
- frame relay
- Central Station
- Division of household tasks
- motivational tasks
- How Internet Changes Our Everyday Tasks
- Leading credit card issuer meets USA Patriot Act compliance requirements within challenging time frame
2 pages / 476 words
3 pages / 706 words
1 pages / 279 words
8 pages / 2205 words
1 pages / 194 words
2 pages / 515 words
5 pages / 1218 words