Title: The Martyrdom of Polycarp
|Date:||December 16, 1998|
|Length:||2 / 369|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
To the reader, this letter might appear to be similar to letters we find in Romans, Corinthians, Thessalonians, etc.
This particular replica of the manuscript was copied by Pionius, who is later arrested on the anniversary of Polycarp's martyrdom. It is first called to our attention, however, in section XXII of the manuscript that the original author of this letter is Irenaeus, who was a disciple of Polycarp...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Later Gaius, who lived with Irenaeus, copies it for himself. Irenaeus had searched for this document because Polycarp had shown it to him in a dream. He later finds the document, worn from age, and copies it.
We first meet Polycarp in his final days. He went from farm to farm in an attempt to hide from the government officials...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- ‘The Promise That A New Life In America Meant Freedom And Equality For All Was An Inaccurate Promise To Make.’ How Far Do You Agree With This Statement?
- Romeo And Juliet: Forbidden Love Leads To Death
- “111th Anniversary of Dr. Jose P. Rizal’s Martyrdom” A Reaction Paper
- The Martyrdom of Polycarp
- “Good fences make good neighbours.” Discuss this statement with reference to politics.
- Death Of Christ
- Life, Love and Death: The work of Adam Fuss
- The statement of financial performance is based on data relating to past transactions and events. Hence the statement of financial performance is of no use to an investor’s decision making process.
- Death Of Christ
- Death Through Adam Life through Christ
- THE DEATH OF CHRIST
- The Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ
- The Death Penalty: Do Two Wrongs Make a Right?
- Two wrongs don't make a right (Death Penalty)
1 pages / 285 words
3 pages / 801 words
4 pages / 1006 words
1 pages / 259 words
2 pages / 481 words
2 pages / 376 words
2 pages / 399 words