Title: The History Behind Marriage
|Date:||August 29, 2013|
|Length:||7 / 1818|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The wedding ring had to be perfect. This means that the ring that the groom gets the bride has to exactly fit her finger. Here is where a myth comes in. If the ring did not fit the woman's finger, it meant that their marriage was not going to last (Shank, 2000). Sounds depressing, but that's what people believed at the time!
People wonder why the wedding ring has to go on the fourth finger of the left hand...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Some said it because it was the most delicate finger. Others said it because it had the perfect circumference for a ring. I do not like those reasons. There is not enough feeling into them. The theory I like the best is the most romantic. The reason why the wedding ring goes on the fourth finger of the left hand is because that finger has a fragile vein that runs from the tip to your heart (Murphy, 2005)...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- A sense of unity
- Colonial Unity DBQ
- Colonial Unity, Pre Revolution
- colonial unity
- A raisin in the sun: family unity
- What Determines Our Nations Unity?
- Obstacles to Unity
- A Sense of Identity and Unity
- Family Unity And Moral Values
- The Unity Of The Mind And Body
- Themes Of Unity In The Grapes
- Unity Amid Diversity
- Unity in the Body
- peace, love, unity, respect
2 pages / 428 words
2 pages / 348 words
1 pages / 284 words
4 pages / 978 words
1 pages / 239 words
7 pages / 1818 words
2 pages / 328 words