Title: the great schism
|Date:||February 5, 2017|
|Length:||3 / 838|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Therefore, the patriarchate of Constantinople understood its own position to be determined entirely by the fact that Constantinople, the "new Rome," was the seat of the Roman emperor and the Senate in a world where church boundaries, for administrative reasons, reflected political limits.
Apart from the different understandings of the personality of church power, the most significant doctrinal difference between Eastern and Western Christians arose over the exact wording of the Nicene Creed...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The Orthodox churches demanded that no words be added to or taken away from the ancient and fundamental statement of the faith, as issued by the councils of Nicaea and Constantinople in the 4th century. During the early Middle Ages the Latin word filioque, meaning "and from the Son," was added in the Latin Christian world, thus rendering the creed as "I believe ? in the Holy Spirit ? who proceeds from the Father and from the Son...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Can Impressionism Be Regarded As A Rejection Of Renaissance?
- All Quiet on the Western Front for Discussing the Great War
- Review for The Woodlands Indians in the Western Great Lakes
- Difference Between Unethical and Unlawful Behaviour in the Business Context
- Graffiti - the unlawful art
- If Macbeth Chooses To Do Evil, Can He Be Regarded As A Tragic Hero?
- The Great Schism of the Catholic Church.
- the great schism
- Great Issues In Western Civili
- Can a Fireman's Ball be regarded as a documentary?
- Doctrinal Similarities Between The Syriac Orthodox Church And The Sunni Orthodox Church.
- East-West Schism
- The Eucharist
- The Eucharist: Summary
4 pages / 914 words
3 pages / 756 words
1 pages / 263 words
3 pages / 696 words
6 pages / 1542 words
4 pages / 1070 words
4 pages / 904 words