Title: The First Type Writter
|Date:||September 6, 2016|
|Length:||1 / 279|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Sholes was printer and newspaper man who liked to tinker in a local workshop in Milwaukee, Wis., with his friend Soule. They were working on a machine that would automatically number pages. One day in 1867, Carlos Glidden, another of the local amateur inventors in the workshop, read an article about the Prat typewriter in Scientific American, and suggested to Sholes that he might transform his number stamping machine into a letter stamping machine...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
In all, Sholes and Glidden (Soule dropped out after the first attempts) produced more than 30 working models before they finally had built the machine that Remington & Son arms factory put into production in 1874.
The original Sholes & Glidden used the QWERTY keyboard, but typed in capitals only. It was sluggish, finicky, and inefficient machine...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Porter'S Five Basic Forces Of Competition - Analysis Of The Banking Industry
- Porter's five basic forces of competition - Analysis of the Banking Industry
- Talks On The Fair Value Introduced In The China New Accounting Standards
- Typewriter vs. Computer
- The First Type Writter
- At What Age Should Contact Sports be Introduced?
- Basic Principles Of Democracy
- Basic Principles for Essay Titles:
- Why Were The Pace Codes Introduced?
- What Is Your Understanding Of The Basic Elements Or Principles Inherent To Psychodynamic Counselling As Expressed By Lawrence Spurling In “An Introduction To Psychodynamic Counselling?”
- how Is Helium Produced?
- 1) What ethical principles should a reporter follow in reporting/writing a news story to ensure it meets the standards of professional journalism?
- Assumptions And Principles Underlying Standards For Care Of The Termin
- Can western-style HRM practices be introduced to china
- will consumers pay more for ethically produced goods
2 pages / 583 words
1 pages / 189 words
1 pages / 279 words
3 pages / 694 words
2 pages / 449 words
2 pages / 305 words
4 pages / 1010 words