Title: The Druids
|Date:||January 20, 2016|
|Length:||4 / 1144|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The Roman writer Pliny the Elder (Gaius Plinius Secundus, 23/24-79 A.D.) believed it to be a cognate with the Greek work "drus," meaning "an oak." "Dru-wid" combines the word roots "oak" and "knowledge" ("wid" means "to know" or "to see" - as in the Sanskrit "vid"). The oak (together with the rowan and hazel) was an important sacred tree to the Druids...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The oak (together with the rowan and hazel) was an important sacred tree to the Druids. In the Celtic social system, Druid was a title given to learned men and women possessing "oak knowledge" (or "oak wisdom").
The Druids emerged from the ancient Celtic tribes, at a time when the people had to live close to nature to survive...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- why no woman priests
- Women Priests
- The Druids
- Druids / Stonehenge
- st patrick and the druids
- Was Lord Liverpool a Good prime minister
- Christmas Is A Good Holiday For Many Reasons
- Reluctant Empire Buildres? Not so much so... an Athenian view on the necessity of empire
- Word Can heal and word can harm
- Why didn't You Get Me Out?
- I Didn't Know My Dad Was A Writer
1 pages / 86 words
3 pages / 772 words
3 pages / 829 words
2 pages / 423 words
3 pages / 764 words
1 pages / 189 words
1 pages / 186 words