Title: The counter Reformation
|Date:||August 25, 2001|
|Length:||2 / 421|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The Church believed that the heretics would infect the Christian society with an attitude of distrust and hatred towards the Catholic Church. Also there was a lot of attempts to bring many new members into the Church.
In 1542 Pope Paul III established the Sacred Congregation of the Holy Office. This group, established by Pope Paul III in 1542, carried out the Roman Inquisition as a way to combat heresy...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
This group, established by Pope Paul III in 1542, carried out the Roman Inquisition as a way to combat heresy. It had the power to arrest, imprison, and execute, but its influence was confined to papal territories. In 1545, after delay and miscarriage, the Council of Trent was convened by Paul III. This council was the central event of the Counter Reformation...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- The Reformation of the Church of England
- Catholic Reformation
- Counter Reformation
- RENAISSANCE & REFORMATION (OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH) P372
- Reformation and Counter reformation
- The Age of Reformation
- The Reformation
- The counter Reformation
- the reformation
- Catholic Reform Or The Counter Reformation
1 pages / 128 words
2 pages / 361 words
2 pages / 316 words
3 pages / 693 words
2 pages / 505 words
1 pages / 136 words
2 pages / 421 words