Title: The Black Codes
|Date:||September 5, 2015|
|Length:||16 / 4535|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
All freedmen, free negroes and mulattoes may sue and be sued, implead and be impleaded, in
all the courts of law and equity of this State, and may acquire personal property, and chooses in action, y
descent or purchase, and may dispose of the same in the same manner and to the same extent that
white persons may: Provided, That the provisions of this section shall not be so construed as to allow any
freedman, free negro or mulatto to rent or lease any lands or tenements except in incorporated cities or
towns, in which places the corporate authorities shall control the same...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
All freedmen, free negroes and mulattoes may intermarry with each other, in the same
manner and under the same regulations that are provided by law for white persons: Provided, that the
clerk of probate shall keep separate records of the same.
Section3. All freedmen, free negroes or mullatoes who do now and have herebefore lived and cohabited
together as husband and wife shall be taken and held in law as legally married, and the issue shall be
taken and held as legitimate for all purposes; and it shall not be lawful for any freedman, free negro or
mulatto to intermarry with any white person; nor for any person to intermarry with any freedman, free
negro or mulatto; and any person who shall so intermarry shall be deemed guilty of felony, and on
conviction thereof shall be confined in the State penitentiary for life; and those shall be deemed
freedmen, free negroes and mulattoes who are of pure negro blood, and those descended from a negro
to the third generation, inclusive, though one ancestor in each generation may have been a white person...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- American Civil War-the War To Free The Slaves.
- How the Civil War became a war to free the slaves
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages, to the participating countries and the rest of the world, of forming a free trade arrangement. China, Japan and Korea are now undertaking preliminary research into the formation of a free trade area. Withi...
- Solving cases
- The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Free Market Economy, Price Determination With Market Forces. And Government Intervention With Free Market Equilibrium Price And The More Suitable Model For The Sudan
- Mystery cases
- ‘Discuss the experiences of / attitudes toward negroes in the deep south in 1969’
- COURT CASES
- Cases 10-2
- negroes with guns
- Om Cases
- Were Slaves Free After the Civil War?
- oil cases
- Use Cases
2 pages / 346 words
3 pages / 857 words
16 pages / 4535 words
1 pages / 249 words
5 pages / 1249 words
2 pages / 453 words
3 pages / 855 words