Title: The Art of Hospitality - The Greeks and the Odyssey
|Date:||July 2, 2015|
|Length:||3 / 799|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Appetizers, meats, and wines are all brought out and laid before the guest, as their coming is seen as a celebration, as seen when Telemachus is hosting Athena, "A staid housekeeper brought on bread to serve them,/appetizers aplenty too, lavishwith her bounty./A carver lifted platters of meat toward them,/meats of every sort?" (Book 1, 163-166) On several occasions, a particularly hospitable host offer the guest the choicest meet, even when they are entitled to it themselves: "? he passed them a fat rich loin with his own hands,/the choicest part, that he'd been served himself...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
In the case of the Phaeacians, no one asks Odysseus' name until it has become increasingly imperative that they have that knowledge; they don't ask after days of hosting him, even preparing to take him to his home on Ithaca without inquiring his name, "Farewell, stranger, sir? May the gods grant you safe passage home to see your wife...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- The Art of Hospitality - The Greeks and the Odyssey
- Hospitality Law on Privacy and Protection of Guests
- The Odyssey: Telemachus
- Telemachus: The True Hero of the Odyssey
- Warm Feelings For Cold Blood
- A Warm Hug: An Ode to Mom's Home Cooking
- guest-host relationships within the Odyssey (citations included)
- Explain the differences and similarities between hospitality and hospitality management then give examples of traditional Iranian/ Persian/ Islamic hospitality.
- The Odyssey (Home)
- Working Woman Vs. Stay At Home Mom: Can She Find A Balance?
- A Long Walk Home
- Longs Peak
- Linger For The Future
- will the dows party linger on?
- The Problems Of Change Are More Pressing For Today’S Organisations Than They Were For The Less Flexible Mass Producers Of Yesterday.’
2 pages / 578 words
3 pages / 648 words
1 pages / 255 words
2 pages / 335 words
2 pages / 487 words
3 pages / 686 words
3 pages / 662 words