|Date:||June 24, 2015|
|Length:||2 / 306|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Lead ballast kept the craft upright and it was propelled by hand-operated screw-like devices. The submarine was submerged when a valve admitted sea-water into a ballast tank, and rose when the tank was emptied by a hand pump. The armament of the ship included a single gunpowder bomb with a time-fuse...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
One of the key setbacks to this innovation to warfare was it's lack of an onboard oxygen supply. Lacking this, "Bushnell's Turtle" could only remain submerged for a half hour.
The reason that this type of machine was developed was because Americans were looking for a way to ambush English ships.
Unfortunately though, Bushnell's Turtle was a failure in it's own right...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- 1824 presidents
- election of 1824
- Lord Kelvin (1824 - 1907)
- Simon and Jesus comparison in Lord of the flies (6 pages with works cited)
- Was Hamlet Insane W/ works cited
- Chicken Pox With Works Cited
- Gibbons V. Ogden (1824)
- how war was invented
- Jerome David Salinger, Born In
- Submarines In The Revolutionary And Civil Wars
- Theme-basketball (no Works Cited Because None Was Necessary)
- Works Cited
- Works Cited