|Date:||April 7, 2013|
|Length:||2 / 324|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
As a young man Sophocles was popular, handsome, a good athlete, and a great writer.
When he reached adulthood he was already established as a great tragic playwright, and the citizens of Athens loved him. He was nicknamed Attic-bee by the Athenians because he could take pure honey from words. Sophocles had many friends, one of which was the historian Herodotus...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Sophocles had many friends, one of which was the historian Herodotus. This friendship may be a reason that we know so much about Sophocles. After a long and prosperous career, he died of old age in Athens at the age of ninety.
Sophocles wrote 123 plays, and won 24 dramatic victories for Athens. Of his 123 plays, only seven are preserved in entirety...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Meliville & Sophocles Discussion
- Physis vs. Nomos in Sophocles' Antigone
- Sophocles Antigone: 441-442BC
- Sophocles' Oedipus Rex
- Which is a better source of reliable information concerning Salamis ? Herodotus' Histories or Aeschylus' the Persians
- King Oedipus By Sophocles
- Oedipus The King Sophocles
- Sophocles - Antigone
- Sophocles’ Oedipus Rex
- sophocles movie
2 pages / 579 words
2 pages / 509 words
5 pages / 1320 words
2 pages / 482 words
2 pages / 324 words
3 pages / 892 words
5 pages / 1268 words