Title: Salic law
|Date:||April 15, 2014|
|Length:||2 / 408|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Good evidence of the societies stress on male dominance can be found in Title XXIV, where it states that for killing a boy under the age of ten is 600 shillings, whereas killing a barren women is only 200 shillings. Salic law also seems to have a hint of racism, especially toward Romans. As in the law under Title XLI, where it clearly implies that killing a Frank or barbarian under the salic lawis simply anathema, whereas if you were to kill a Roman, At worst youd pay the price of 3 of the kings cattle, or by a distorted Salic veiwpoint raping 3-4 women...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
As in the law under Title XLI, where it clearly implies that killing a Frank or barbarian under the salic lawis simply anathema, whereas if you were to kill a Roman, At worst youd pay the price of 3 of the kings cattle, or by a distorted Salic veiwpoint raping 3-4 women. In other words 6 Romans are equal to the worth of one Frank who is in relation with the king (which seems to elevate your status, probably due to the fuedal system)...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- The Worth of Women
- From 1750-1850 revolutions wracked many countries. How did imperial wars among competing European powers provoke revolutions around the globe? In what ways were the revolutions, expanded literacy and new political ideas linked?
- Salic law
- salic law
- Marital Rape: Current Views, Laws, and Effects on Women
- Muslim Women and Divorce
- "Belief in God was central to the lives of the early Christians but has become irrelevant for modern man" Discuss
- Muslim Women
- Muslim and Non Muslim Laws
- THE INDIVIDUALS OBLIGATIONS TOWARDS THE STATE: MUSLIM WOMEN AND THE JIHAB
- In what ways are the ideas of socio-biology linked with Eugenics: what's wrong with trying to engineer a better society anyway?
- Repressed Women Of Muslim Countries
- Ways To Eliminate Violence Against Women
- Women In Muslim Society
- Women in Muslim Society
1 pages / 297 words
2 pages / 408 words
1 pages / 235 words
3 pages / 672 words
2 pages / 303 words
2 pages / 428 words
3 pages / 672 words