Title: Recent Historiography On Religion And The American Civil War
|Date:||October 16, 2013|
|Length:||26 / 7768|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Modern historians have approached the theme of religion and the Civil War in at least seven distinct, albeit sometimes overlapping, subcategories: 1) Religion in general during the Civil War, 2) Northern religion and the Civil War, 3) Southern religion and the Civil War, 4) Religion among the soldiers, 5) Civil War chaplains, 6) African-American religion and the Civil War, 7) Women and religion during the Civil War, and 8) Religious denominations and the Civil War...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The sectional debates over slavery were frequently couched in religious language. Modern historians addressing the relationship of religion and the Civil War typically focus on slavery as the one defining issue of antebellum religion. As such, an important question begs our attention: should historical literature pertaining to the larger antebellum and Reconstruction eras, but not the Civil War itself, be included in a historiography of religion and the Civil War?
The editors of Religion and the American Civil War focus on the period of the late antebellum era to early Reconstruction...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Recent Historiography On Religion And The American Civil War
- The main function of religion is to provide people with a code of behaviour which regulates personal and social life. Assess the extent to which sociological arguments and evidence support this view of religion in modern society.
- Faith in the Poisonwood Bible
- Addressing Childhood and Adolescent Behavioral Problems: Diagnosis Criteria and the Role of the School Psychologist
- Reading the Bible as Scripture
- Pericope-Reading the Bible
- How Has Christianity, A Faith Based On The Teachings Of One Text (The Bible), Divided Into So Many Denominations?
- growing concern of aid in the african american community
- The Recent Negative Effect Of Technology On Society
- Race and Reading: The Problems of Interpretation
- The Problems, Challenges And Opportunities Offered By Inter-Faith Dialogue
- Postmodernist vs. Modernist vs. Personal position on Faith
- The ISAB argues that the accruals and going concern concepts are key underlying assumption in the preparation of financial statements. Discuss the problems for companies in applying these accounting concepts and explain why other concepts might al...
- Personal Essay - Reading And Writing
2 pages / 307 words
2 pages / 390 words
2 pages / 458 words
1 pages / 179 words
2 pages / 549 words
1 pages / 220 words
1 pages / 272 words