Title: Plessy v Ferguson
|Date:||February 16, 2015|
|Length:||3 / 645|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
When a conductor ordered Plessy to give up his seat, he refused. He was then arrested and ordered imprisoned by Ferguson, a local judge. On appeal, the Louisiana Supreme Court found that the statute under
which Plessy had been arrested was valid.
Was Louisiana's Separate Car Act constitutional? Plessy appealed to the United States Supreme Court on the grounds that Louisiana's statute violated the Thirteenth
Amendment, which forbids slavery, and the Fourteenth Amendment, which prohibits the states from denying "to any
person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The Court held that "a legal distinction between the white and colored races ... has no tendency to destroy the legal equality of the two races." However, concerned with the Fourteenth Amendment, Brown concluded that it aimed strictly "to enforce the absolute equality of the two races before the law," but that it "could not have been intended to abolish distinctions based on color, or to enforce social, as distinguished from political, equality...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Plessy Vs Ferguson
- Rome Ruled The World
- Twelve Who Ruled
- Organisational success depends ultimately on the qualities of its leaders. But are leaders born successful or can they be trained
- who is ultimately responsible for the tragedy of mackbeth
- Plessy v Ferguson
- Natural Environment Survival Depends On Humanities Abilities...
- Common law & State Statute
- Motivation To Work Well Depends More Than High Wages And On Working Co
- Plessy And Brown
- Statute and Case Law Relationship Paper
- Statute and Case Law Relationship
- Ultimately Disgusting
- Who Really Ruled Italy In 1926-40?
1 pages / 256 words
3 pages / 610 words
3 pages / 645 words
2 pages / 442 words
1 pages / 117 words
1 pages / 228 words
1 pages / 238 words