Title: Nation's Industry Goes on 40 Hour Work Week
|Date:||February 28, 2014|
|Length:||4 / 958|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Factory workers became unhappy and began to push for shorter hours. First they
asked for a limit of 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. During the 1800s, they asked for 10
hours, 6 days a week. Labor Day was introduced in 1882, when most Americans were
still working 60 hours a week and only dreaming of a 48-hour week, which didn't become
the normal until World War I...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
It wasn't until 1938 that the Fair Labor Standards Act
started the final countdown: 44 hours in 1938, 42 hours in 1939, and 40 hours in 1940. So
the 8-hour, 5-day, 40-hour work week has only been with us since the year 1940.
In this article the standard work week, 40 hours, is soon to go into effect...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Nation's Industry Goes on 40 Hour Work Week
- United States Constitution And The United States Legal System In Business Regulation.
- DICKERSON V. UNITED STATES SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
- Executive Salaries and What it Means to the United States
- Labor Unions in the United States
- The United States Government
- United States V. Nixon, President Of The United States
- The United States Government and Out Land
- Religion Influences the United States Government
- Mexico Versus United States Government
- Should There Be Aboriginal Self-government In Canada/united States Of
- United States Government vs. North Korean Government
- HPV is on the increase at a rapid rate in the United States due careless sexual activity.
- ‘Asses the United Kingdom’s reasons for supporting the United States over the invasion of Iraq in 2003’
- From 1781 to 1789 the Articles of Confederation provided the United States with an effective government.
2 pages / 491 words
2 pages / 488 words
2 pages / 471 words
4 pages / 958 words
2 pages / 354 words
2 pages / 377 words
2 pages / 402 words