Title: Meroe and Aksum: Trade Entrepots
|Date:||May 7, 2015|
|Length:||4 / 1143|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The coast is referenced in relation to trade as early as 100 AD, in a Greek handbook meant to aid Greek traders through the market-towns of the region, known as The Periplus of the Erythraean Sea. Although largely constituted of mixed farming communities, the market-towns which are discussed in The Periplus of the Erythraean Sea also dealt with the exchange of ivory, tortoise shell, and coconut oil for iron tools and weapons between themselves and that of Arabia...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The market-towns of 100 A.D. were later transformed by the addition of Shi'ite refuges to the northern half of the coast, who brought with them the Islamic religion.
The influence of the Shi'ites helped foster trade between the coast and the Muslim world, as well as with the outside world. Due to the lucrative nature of trade on the coast, a vast quantity of Muslim speaking traders followed the path of the Shi'ite refugees and immigrated to the coast...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Although New England and the Chesapeake region were both settles largely by people of English origin, by 1700 the regions had evolved into two distinct societies. Why did this development occur?
- Anasazi Great Houses of the Chaco Canyon Region
- City of Wealth and Nations
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages, to the participating countries and the rest of the world, of forming a free trade arrangement. China, Japan and Korea are now undertaking preliminary research into the formation of a free trade area. Withi...
- Agriculture in the Sumerian City-States
- Empire, Great Power Hegemony, Balance Of Power, Concert Of Power
- Greek city-states
- Meroe and Aksum: Trade Entrepots
- City-states In Lower Mesopotamia
- Difference in the Development in the new england region and the chesapeake region of the new world
- Environmental Considerations Affecting Trade in Agriculture and Agro Industrial Goods within the ARAB Region.
- Trends Affecting the Future of US Agricultural Trade
- An exploratory study on the perception of the Muslims in selected barangays of Cagayan de Oro city
- New York City A Diverse Area
- Wealth of the United States
2 pages / 491 words
4 pages / 1143 words
3 pages / 685 words
1 pages / 137 words
2 pages / 382 words
1 pages / 264 words
2 pages / 423 words