Title: History of the Indian Rupee
|Date:||October 7, 2011|
|Length:||9 / 2665|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Yet as the European traders began their commerce in India no form of paper currency existed. Private Banks were created, initially in the province of Bengal. The first such bank to implement paper money was established by Governor Warren Hastings in Calcutta around 1770 A.D. (Jhunjhunwalla Online).
Following the first Private Bank, the Bank of Bengal was formed...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Following the first Private Bank, the Bank of Bengal was formed. The paper money printed by the Bank of Bengal was circulated on a much wider basis, as well as being accepted as payment for certain government dues. The Bank of Bengal was the first bank in India to have a government share in its working capital...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- THE INTERNET BANKING PROJECT IN INDUSTRIAL AND COMMERCIAL BANK OF CHINA (SHANGHAI)
- Bank One and LaSalle Bank Comparison
- Commercial Bank of Africa Case study MGT 501
- Commercial bank
- DSB bank
- First Union National Bank: Wireless E-Bill
- Infosys and National commercial bank, Jamaica
- MCB (Bank)
- Quality Analysis of the Balance Sheet of Premier Bank Limited and Jamuna Bank Limited
- Ratio Analysis Of Indian Bank
- state bank of india
- The Aquisition Of Commerce Bank By Td Bank North
- Bank Art
- Reserve Bank Of India-Monetary Policy
- RBC bank