Title: History of Drug Laws and Law Enforcement
|Date:||February 5, 2011|
|Length:||6 / 1576|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
This essay will not only examine the landmark drug laws and policies established by the federal and state governments, but also the enforcement of drug laws.
Brief History of the United States' Drug Laws
The first American law that prohibited the use of a specific drug was an 1875 ordinance passed by the city of San Francisco which banned the smoking of opium in opium dens (4)...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
This law, however, was not passed to stop the use and sale of opium. The ordinance was passed because of widespread fear that Chinese men were luring white men and women to their moral "ruin" in opium dens ("The History of").
White San Franciscan's also feared that Chinese immigrants and railroad workers were seducing white women with the drug...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- History and Laws Behind the Federal Food and Drug Act of 1906
- Bad Drug
- History of Drug Laws and Law Enforcement
- American Drug Laws- Do They He
- Drug Laws of the Netherlands
- Drug Use
- Drug War
- Food is a Drug
- he current drug treatment for depression represents one of the greatest fallacies in the history of medicine.
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- Drug Enforcement
- Drug Laws of The Netherlands
- every"Rockefeller Drug Laws"
- The Rockefeller Drug Laws: America'S War On Drugs: A War We Are Causing, A War We Can Solve
- Drug History
3 pages / 669 words
3 pages / 669 words
1 pages / 289 words
1 pages / 208 words
1 pages / 265 words
2 pages / 331 words
2 pages / 450 words