Title: Conscription in Australia
|Date:||March 6, 2014|
|Length:||2 / 530|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Hughes wanted conscription because he theorised that if Australia helped to fight Germany, this would stop them possibly invading Australia, which Billy was scared of. So the most logical cause of action for him, was conscription. Two referendums were held, both voting no.
The first referendum was held on 28th October 1916, and narrowly rejected conscription, with 49% for conscription and 51% against...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The referendum in question asked: Are you in favour of the Government having, in this grave emergency, the same compulsory powers over citizens in regard to requiring their military service, for the term of this War, outside the Commonwealth, as it now has in regard to military service within the Commonwealth?
On 20th December 1917, a second referendum was held, asking the question "Are you in favour of the proposal of the Commonwealth Government for reinforcing the Commonwealth Forces overseas?” This was defeated by an even greater margin...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Asian Cars Invade Europe
- Guidance Phrase
- Conscription in Australia
- How the germans conformed to adof hitler
- Issue Of Conscription In Australia
- The Bismark, Pride of the Germans during WWII
- Why did Germans support Hitler?
- German Shepherds: To Be Afraid Or Not Afraid
- The tragedy of the commons invading our environmental rights case study: coral reefs
- To What Extent Was Joseph Stalin Responsible For The Defeat Of The Germans?
- While I Am Not Afraid
- "Stay the course" named top catch phrase of 2006
- Should I Enlist in the Army?
3 pages / 637 words
2 pages / 508 words
2 pages / 530 words
2 pages / 427 words
2 pages / 411 words
2 pages / 432 words
4 pages / 975 words