Title: Where Did Unix Come From And Why Are There Different Versions Of Unix?
|Date:||June 19, 2015|
|Length:||1 / 273|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Their initial goal was simply to operate
their DEC PDP machines more effectively. In 1971, UNIX became multi-user and
multi-tasking, but it was still just being developed by a small group of
programmers who were trying to take advantage of the machines they had at hand.
(In other words, this operating system that they were developing did not run on
any machine made by Bell!)
In 1973, Dennis Ritchie rewrote the UNIX operating system in C (a language he
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
For legal reasons,
Bell Labs was not able to market UNIX in the 1970's, though they did share this
operating system with many universities - most notably UC-Berkeley. This led to
some of the variations in UNIX which we see today. After the divestiture of the
Bell System, their parent company, AT&T, became much more interested in
marketing a commercial version of UNIX...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Briefly Outline The Main Features Of, And Rationale For, Uk Competition Policy. Is It Possible To Have An Effective Policy When There Are So Many Large Multi-National Corporations Operating Across The Global Economy?
- Unix Vs Nt
- UNIX Operating System
- UNIX ? The system behind it all
- Unix Final
- Unix Vs Nt
- Unix- Operating Systems
- Unix/Microsoft'S Say
- Where Did Unix Come From And Why Are There Different Versions Of Unix?
- Windows NT Vs Unix As An Operating System
- Windows Nt Vs Unix As An Operating System
2 pages / 302 words
1 pages / 176 words
2 pages / 577 words
3 pages / 760 words
1 pages / 273 words
3 pages / 667 words
1 pages / 289 words