Title: The Place of an Auteur Director in The Nigerian Video Film Industry
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||March 27, 2015|
|Length:||13 / 3661|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
To toe this line of interpretation goes to mean that the director of the film is the creative intelligence who shapes the entire film in a manner parallel to how we think of literary works being authored.
In his essay, ‘Notes on The Auteur Theory in 1962,’ Andrew Sarris, one of the key proponents of Auteur theory corroborates the above position as he posits that one of the premises of the Auteur theory is the distinguishable personality of the director as a criterion of value...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Over a group of films, a director must exhibit certain recurrent characteristics of style, which serve as his signature. The way a film looks should have some relationship with the way a director thinks and feels (Sarris, 1992, p. 586).
This paper shall try to examine the place of the auteur director in the Nigerian Video Film Industry; the reactions from other contributors in this work of art and how the director as an auteur has affected the development and growth of the industry in present day contemporary Nigeria...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Alfred Hitchcock and The Director
- Managing Director
- The Director'S Duties
- Comparison of Original Blade Runner film and Director's Cut
- How Does The Director Stephen Spielberg Use Filmic Techniques To Build Suspense And Tension In The Opening Sequence Of The Film ‘Jaws’?
- How does the director, Steven Spielberg, create suspense, and scare the audience in the 1970's film, Jaws?
- athletic director
- Being An Athletic Director
- VLAN Director
- The Place of an Auteur Director in The Nigerian Video Film Industry
- Howard Director and Film
- Senior Director
4 pages / 1096 words
5 pages / 1210 words
5 pages / 1306 words
2 pages / 479 words
1 pages / 204 words
1 pages / 223 words
2 pages / 302 words