Title: The Mandolin
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||October 7, 2012|
|Length:||2 / 469|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
In the late 1800s a stronger bowl back instrument was developed in Naples, Italy by the Vinaccia family. Known today as the Neapolitan mandolin, this instrument has a bent soundboard, moveable bridge, metal strings and is plucked with a pick. At the end of the 1800s, the Neapolitan mandolin was popular both in Italy and throughout Western Europe...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
It spread to the U.S. with Italian immigration.
The instrument conceived by the Gibson Company in the early 1900s today dominates the Mandolin in the U.S. Built more like a violin with carved single pieces of wood for the front and back, most modern American flat backs are based on Gibson designs. All three of these instruments: Baroque mandolin, round back or Neapolitan mandolin and flat back mandolin, are still played and the musical traditions from the different periods survive on all continents...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Sights and Sounds of America
- Sounds of Summer
- Clifford Geertz Deep Play: Notes on a Balinese Cockfight
- Sounds Of The River
- The play Romeo and Juliet’ is a play of contrasts in it is as much about hatred as it is about love. Discuss
- no more room for the sounds of the underground?
- Cake Sounds Good!
- Comparisons to body sounds: the new criticism?
- Sounds of Music
- "Sounds of Silence" analysis
- Lights And Sounds
- Sounds of Music
- Sounds of the Nation
- The Mandolin