Title: the history of fiber
|Date:||January 28, 2013|
|Length:||2 / 323|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
This attenuation level was first achieved in 1970, by researchers Robert D. Maurer, Donald Keck, Peter C. Schultz, and Frank Zimar working for American glass maker Corning Glass Works, now Corning Inc. They demonstrated a fiber with 17 dB optic attenuation per kilometer by doping silica glass with titanium...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
They demonstrated a fiber with 17 dB optic attenuation per kilometer by doping silica glass with titanium. A few years later they produced a fiber with only 4 dB/km using germanium oxide as the core dopant. Such low attenuations ushered in optical fiber telecommunications and enabled the Internet. Nowadays, attenuations in optical cables are far less than those in electrical copper cables, leading to long-haul fiber connections with repeater distances of 500–800 km...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- George Washington, determining factor of US over British
- Choose A Current International Accounting Standard (Ias) Or International Financial Reporting Standard (Ifrs). Briefly Summarise Its Provisions And Assess Whether The Standard Can Be Considered To Be ‘Principles-Based’ Or ‘Rules-Based’, E...
- Analyse the ways in which the work of two contemporary British poets respond to and examine historical characters and events that took place in the first half of the twentieth century.
- History of physical education
- how did the effects of the blitz covered up by the british government
- The British Music Invasion: The Effects on Society and Culture
- Standard Soap Company Cost Accounting
- Too much of British company law frustrates, inhibits, restricts and undermines. It is over-cautious, placing too high a premium on regulation and avoidance of risk. The company remains the choice of corporate vehicle for over a million businesses,...
- Genius Loves Company: Ray Charles
- The Effects of Human-Caused Global Warming
- british colonialism and its effects on shaping pakistani culture
- Contemporary British Culture
- EFFECTS OF TITLE IX AND SPORTS PARTICIPATION ON GIRLS’ PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND WEIGHT
- Attenuation Effects on Data Transmitted through Cable
- the history of fiber
2 pages / 504 words
2 pages / 412 words
6 pages / 1504 words
2 pages / 500 words
2 pages / 562 words
2 pages / 547 words
2 pages / 323 words