Title: Telecommunication in Jamaica
|Date:||August 22, 2015|
|Length:||10 / 2978|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The word telegraphy comes from Greek. "Tele" means distant and "graphein" to write. So the meaning is writing at a distance
The first form of modern telecommunication - the electric telegraph - sent electrical currents along wires.
On 24 May 1844, Samuel Morse sent his first public message over a telegraph line between Washington and Baltimore, and through that simple act, ushered in the telecommunication age...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The West India and Panama Telegraph Company was the major provider of telecom services in Jamaica and the Anglophone Caribbean in the mid 19th century. West India and Panama Telegraph Company is now Cable & Wireless today.
However there was limitation to the telegraph you need to put a physical piece of cable between the sender and receiver...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay: