Title: Tarkovsky's "Stalker" as a political allegory
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||July 1, 2012|
|Length:||4 / 928|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Stalker's story is even more peculiar. An accident at the lab ruined all of the footage and the entire film had to be re-shot for less than a third of the original budget. The film's very existence is a miracle - in my opinion in more ways than one.
The Stalker has been the subject of countless articles that equate it to a metaphor ? a modern day Jesus in a post-apocalyptic society...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
One cannot ignore the fact that the story by the Strugatsky brothers was inspired by the accident at a nuclear plant near Chelyabinsk. I, however, believe that the film is a lot more pointed than that. More than fifteen years after the fall of the Soviet Union it may be both irrelevant and irreverent, but upon watching the film I cannot help but seeing it as an allegory for the Soviet Union itself...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Tarkovsky's "Stalker" as a political allegory
- The Night Stalker
- Night Stalker in an Unexpected Situation
- The Night Stalker : Richard Ramirez
- Political Allegory In The Book Animal Farm
- Kant Political Leader
- Good Political Leader
- ON WILLIE STARK AS POLITICAL LEADER
- Briefing American Law Cases: How To, Step By Step
- Step One of the 9-Step Model: Global communiations
- The role and responsibilities of both leaders and managers in creating and maintaining a healthy organizational culture has differences and similarities, both a leader and a manager have the same goal to have a healthy organization but the approac...
- How to safely ride
- Crop Circles
- Crop Circles
- How to Lose Weight Safely
3 pages / 649 words
4 pages / 1008 words
1 pages / 259 words
7 pages / 1986 words
2 pages / 578 words
2 pages / 480 words
2 pages / 401 words