|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||May 13, 2014|
|Length:||4 / 1003|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Horns, guitars, organs, drums, emanating from smoke-filled
clubs and bar rooms, fill you ears with a lush sound. This is the sound of ska.
Ska is an old Jamaican form of music that blossomed when Jamaica won its
independence from England in 1962. At this time, a man named Clement Dodd
decided to create a uniquely Jamaican danceable sound...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Ska is a potpourri of
different musical styles; and draws influence from many countries. It takes
swing, jazz, big band, soul, and rhythm and blues from the U.S., and couples it
with calypso, ya-ya, and mento (a form of calypso) from the islands to create
the Jamaican ska. The sound of ska is unique to Jamaica and is the original
"music of Jamaica...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Elizabethan Music, Dance, and Food
- loves music loves to dance
- Bob Marley: Pesuasion of the people with music
- Dance Dance Revolution
- Dance with the Music
- Comparison of Middle Ages Music and Present Day Music
- Description on Chopi Timblia Music, Shona Mbira Music and the Venda National Dance: Tshikhona
- how music effects people
- Making sense of Dance music
- Music's Ability to Shape People and Culture
- music that makes you dance
- SHALL WE DANCE ? LIFE AS A DANCE FLOOR?
- The Effects of Music Therapy on Mentally Handicapped People
- The Parents Music Resource Center and Music Today
- Why You Feel (Or Don'T Feel) That People - Blacks And Whites - Shouldn'T Be Allowed To Use The N-Word At Their Leisure?
2 pages / 474 words
1 pages / 269 words
2 pages / 408 words
1 pages / 263 words
3 pages / 714 words
2 pages / 319 words
1 pages / 266 words