Title: Representations of Gothic Power in Karl Freund's Mad Love
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||March 19, 2014|
|Length:||4 / 1191|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Dr. Gogol embodies these motifs as he attempts to win the love of Yvonne, not through courtship, but rather through the use of his self-assigned superiority. In staying true to the history of Gothic art, Dr. Gogol overestimates his supremacy, and ultimately loses his life as the victim of his own destruction...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Gogol overestimates his supremacy, and ultimately loses his life as the victim of his own destruction.
Sadism, the most persistent aspect of power in the film, has been a significant feature of Gothic literature and art. As stated by the American critic Mark Edmundson, "you cannot have Gothic without a cruel hero-villain; without a cringing victim; and without a terrible place?in which the drama can unfold" (Davenport-Hines, 8)...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Stephen King Using Gothic Literature
- Analyzing Authority and Position Power
- Internet, Internationalisation and Customer Value Creation - The Case of Medical Information On the Internet
- Position Paper On Stephen Covey
- Arguing A Position/ Medical Marijuana
- Gothic Elements In Stephen King’S: The Shining.
- ?Writers chose the Gothic mode to convey the idea that evil was within humans, "as a distortion, warping [the] mind", and not as an external malevolent force.' (Jacqueline Howard) Discuss the treatment of evil in two or three gothic novels studie...
- Representations of Romantic Love in Poetry Across the Periods
- The devastating power of obsessive love in Eugenie Grandet
- The power and passion of love in Romeo and Juliet
- The Power Of Propaganda And The Creation Of The Third Reich
- the healing power of nature and romantic love
- Power of Love?
- Representations of Gothic Power in Karl Freund's Mad Love
2 pages / 492 words
1 pages / 234 words
2 pages / 464 words
1 pages / 169 words
2 pages / 444 words
4 pages / 1191 words
3 pages / 651 words