Title: Recommend how Dell should react to slower growth and increased competition in its core market segments. Explain how your new or modified positioning strategy enables Dell to leverage some of its existing advantages.
|Date:||December 31, 2013|
|Length:||4 / 1046|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Approximately 70% of the firm’s revenues were attributable to large corporate purchases in which Dell could maintain a negative cash conversion cycle.
In response to lower growth, Dell should isolate the key cost drivers as follows:
? Current Cost Drivers:
o Inputs – low due to short lead time
? COGS lower due to short lead time for components which fall in price by 27% annually
? Co-location of component suppliers minimizes inventory & cycle times and associated carrying costs
o Processes – efficient due to tight integration
? Direct sales minimize channel mark-ups & advertising
? Tightly integrated order entry, production and shipping minimized inventory buffers and cycle times
? Tight control of cash via inventory metrics
o Scale & Scope – adequate but growth is slowing
? Scale – 7...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
A graphical analysis of Dell’s value chain highlights the key support and primary activity interactions.
Having isolated the key elements to Dell’s success, we can further leverage these by repositioning in the following ways:
? Continue working closely with component suppliers with a focus on integrating the supply chain even more efficiently...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Dell & Supply Chain Management
- dell supply chain management
- How Companies Identify Attractive Market Segments And Choose A Target Marketing Strategy.
- Identifing Market Segments And Target
- Market Analysis - Introduction To Market Share
- Marketing Plan For Benefit To Increase Market Share In Its Existing Market Segment
- Proposed Market Entry Strategy for Tesco - Indian Retail Food Market
- Supply Chain Collaboration between the Organization and Suppliers
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Supply Chain Management for Travel Ease Tour Specialists
- The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Free Market Economy, Price Determination With Market Forces. And Government Intervention With Free Market Equilibrium Price And The More Suitable Model For The Sudan
- Who Determines The Prices Of Goods In Market? Government Or Free Forces Of Market
- Why is perfect competition often described as the ideal market structure? Compare and contrast with other known market structures.
- Logistics and Supply Chain Company
- Recommend how Dell should react to slower growth and increased competition in its core market segments. Explain how your new or modified positioning strategy enables Dell to leverage some of its existing advantages.
2 pages / 344 words
3 pages / 701 words
2 pages / 451 words
1 pages / 206 words
2 pages / 412 words
3 pages / 730 words
Recommend how Dell should react to slower growth and increased competition in its core market segments. Explain how your new or modified positioning strategy enables Dell to leverage some of its existing advantages.
4 pages / 1046 words