Title: Reaction Rates of Barley Alpha Amylase with Starch at Specific pH's
|Date:||July 10, 2011|
|Length:||7 / 1871|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The purpose of this experiment is to find the optimum temperature and pH for the reaction of Barley alpha-amylase and starch. The predicted optimum temperature and pH is 50-60 degrees Celsius and pH of 5-6. To test this hypothesis, a starch solution was mixed with the amylase and then tested for absorbance, using a spectrophotometer, at several different temperatures and pHs...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
From these experiments it was concluded that the optimum temperature was 55 degrees Celsius and the optimum pH was 5. these results lead to the conclusion that the Barley seed is best suited to be in soil that is relatively acidic and warm.
The purpose of this enzyme kinetics lab was to experimentally find the optimum pH and temperature at which the enzyme, Barley alpha-amylase, would react with a starch solution...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- An Investigation on the rate of reaction of the enzyme Catalase on the substrate Hydrogen peroxide.
- Effect Of Enzyme Catalase Concentration On Reaction Rate
- Effect of an Increasing Substrate Concentration on Enzyme Activity Rate
- Enzyme Reaction of Different Yeast Substances
- Enzyme Substrate
- Enzyme lab
- effect of temperature on an enzyme controlled reaction
- Factors Affecting The Rate Of Enzyme Activity
- Investigating The Effect Of Enzyme Concentration On The Rate Of An Enzyme-Catalysed Reaction.
- Reaction Rates of Barley Alpha Amylase with Starch at Specific pH's
- Reaction Rates of Barley Alpha-Amylase Enzyme with Substrate Starch at Different pH’s and Temperatures
- The Effect Of Enzyme Concentration On Rate Of Reaction
- The Effect Of Substrate Concentration On The Activity Of The Enzyme Catalase
- The Effect Of Substrate Concentration On The Rate Of Reaction
- The Factors Affecting Enzyme Activity