Title: Preemptive Multitasking
|Date:||March 1, 2015|
|Length:||1 / 273|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
For example, background programs can be given more CPU time no matter how heavy the foreground load and vice versa. Preemptive multitasking is vital in a mainframe, but is also useful in a desktop operating system. For example, it ensures that data will not be lost if a transmission is taking place in the background...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The OS is able to grab the machine cycles that the modem or network program needs to continue processing the incoming data stream.
A multitasking environment in which an application is able to give up control of the CPU to another application only at certain points, such as when it is ready to accept input from the keyboard...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- running out of time
- Time Series Analysis: The Multiplicative Decomposition Method
- Value of Time
- News Is it prime time or all the time?
- Sexual education programs taught in high schools nationwide would be much more effective if instead of focusing exclusively on abstinence only programs, they taught a much more comprehensive program, which informed the adolescents how to be safe w...
- In Our Time
- In Our Time
- Just In Time
- Multitasking ? Switching Costs
- Time Management: Putting Time On Your Side
- preemptive war
- Preemptive Multitasking
- Real-Time Processing System
1 pages / 241 words
2 pages / 583 words
2 pages / 420 words
3 pages / 636 words
1 pages / 273 words
4 pages / 943 words
1 pages / 268 words