Title: Operations Management Principles IP 4
|Date:||November 18, 2013|
|Length:||3 / 783|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The larger each order quantity, the fewer the number of orders placed in a year and hence, the lower the annual ordering cost. However large order quantities lead to higher levels of inventory and therefore higher annual inventory holding costs. Unfortunately, the ordering cost is incurred by the purchase department and the inventory holding cost by the operations department...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
The director of purchasing is reducing his department??s cost (by having a large order quantity) while increasing the operation department??s cost. (Stevenson, 2007)
Both departments should be working towards minimizing the total cost to the company. Hence, the economic order quantity (EOQ) should be determined such that the total cost to the company is minimized...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Production Of Ethanol Should Not Take Place
- BP America Production Co., Successor in interest to Amoco Production Co., et al. v. Burton, Acting Assistant Secretary, Land and Minerals Management, Department of the Interior, et al.
- Lean Principles And Software Production:
- Mass Production and the Beginnings of Scientific Management
- PRODUCTION AND THE WORKFORCE
- Teaching Material for Production Management
- Five Factors of Production
- Concentration Affects The Rate Of Oxygen Production When Raw Liver (Catalyse), And Hydrogen Peroxide Is Mixed
- Production Of Hydrogen From Lpg
- Urinary Production
- Rice Production
- Gas Production
- PRODUCTION OF OLIVE OIL
- Production Quality
- TV production Process.
1 pages / 277 words
3 pages / 783 words
4 pages / 970 words
3 pages / 848 words
1 pages / 228 words
2 pages / 535 words
1 pages / 240 words