Title: Open Source Software
|Date:||January 23, 2012|
|Length:||4 / 1175|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
As with any type of evolution, the standards of all technologies have been raised to accommodate our new needs for information and data processing. Open source software (OSS) is simply one of these evolutions.
Through researching OSS, there are many pros and cons; many people and businesses who think it is the best form of software, and there are others who completely disagree with all that open source software has to offer...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
This paper discusses these pros and cons, positives and negatives if you will, of the social implications of OSS. Open source software is a type of software that can be altered under peer review and is transparent in its process. The following is a list of OSS and a list of proprietary software.
Open Source Software
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Estimate of the risk-free rate pf interest ("U.S. 10-year Treasury" bond rate
- Free Anti-Virus Software Makes Cents
- How free software developers work
- An Overview On Current Free And Open Source Desktop Gis Developments
- Business Utilization of Open Source Software
- Doing Research With Free Software
- Free Software Vs. Open Source
- Open Source Software versus Closed Source Software
- Open Source Software
- Open Source Software
- Open Source
- Software Piracy: A bane to software industry.
- System Software Process and Quality Factors
- The Advantages of Open Source Software
- Total control of User Experience in Software Development ? a Software Engineering dream?
3 pages / 664 words
2 pages / 493 words
3 pages / 696 words
3 pages / 705 words
3 pages / 795 words
4 pages / 1175 words
1 pages / 159 words