Title: Oedipus Rex
|Date:||March 17, 2014|
|Length:||3 / 792|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
When he comes back he says that the killer of Laious needs to be found in order to stop the plague. Jocasta's brother is suggests to Oedipus a blind prophet to help solve the problem. Teiresious, the blind poet, goes to Oedipus presence and tells him that it'd be better to let him know the answer to what he is asking for...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
He then tells him that he, Oedipus, will only see the truth when he is blind. Literally that sentence does not make sense at all, for you see with your eyes. However, that's where irony comes in, what Sophocles is doing is he is using another meaning for the word "see." In this case of verbal irony, the word "see" means to understand...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay: