Title: Music of Jamaica
|Subject:||Music and Movies|
|Date:||August 31, 2015|
|Length:||2 / 535|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The track topped the British charts in 1964 and was the first sign that Jamaican music (previously confined to Kingston and the West Indian ghettos of east London) was much more than a passing fad.
In the mid sixties, record producers began selling their music to British labels. New instruments and a slower tempo led to the evolvement of a new sound...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
New instruments and a slower tempo led to the evolvement of a new sound.
Rocksteady was lighter and more airy than Ska
The Rocksteady era only lasted for a short period (1966-68)
But introduced a whole new wave of singers and musicians. The Wailers, Alton Ellis, Ken Booth, John Holt and the Paragons, Desmond Dekker, Derrick Harriot, The Heptones and the Techniques all made their names during the Rocksteady era...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- shake spear
- The Setting as it Relates to Young Goodman Brown by Nathaniel Hawthorne and Girl by Jamaica Kincaid
- Torn Thread by Anne Isaacs
- How does Arthur Miller build tension in Acts 1 and 2 and up to the entrance of George on page 138?
- History and culture of Jamaica
- The Intolerable Acts (Coercive Acts) Transformed The Argument Between The Colonies And Great Britain From A Dispute Over The Right To Taxation Into A Challenge To Any Parliamentary Authority’ (Bailyn). Do You Agree With This Statement?
- How Does Miller Create Dramatic Tension In Each Of The Four Acts Of Th
- American Culture Of Pop Music
- Culture and Music
- Music of Jamaica
- Reggae: The Music of Protest
- reggae music
- Rastafari and Vodou
- Music and Culture
- Reggae Music
3 pages / 899 words
1 pages / 297 words
4 pages / 1051 words
2 pages / 535 words
3 pages / 646 words
4 pages / 1037 words
1 pages / 293 words