Title: Molecular Switches
|Date:||May 30, 2015|
|Length:||7 / 1813|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
(Scientific American) Last July, researchers from Hewlitt-Packard and the University of California at Los Angeles announced that they had made an electronic switch of a layer of several million molecules and rotaxane. "Rotaxane is a pseudorotaxane. A pseudorotaxane is a compound consisting of cyclic moles threaded by a linear molecule...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
It also has no covalant interaction. In rotaxane, there are bulky blocking groups at each end of the threaded molecule." (Scientific American)
The researchers linked many of these switches and came up with a rudimentary AND gate. An AND gate is a device which preforms a basic logic function. As much of an achievement as this was, it was only a baby step...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Carbon Derivatives
- "ironing" out carbon - One mans solution to carbon sequestration
- Carbon Monoxide
- Carbon's birth
- Molecular Switches
- Continuum Percolation study of carbon nano tube composites via Size distribution effects
- Design And Fabrication Of Microheaters For Localized Carbon Nanotube Growth