- Your research paper is written by certified writers
- Your requirements and targets are always met
- You are able to control the progress of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an excellent student!
Leader Member Relations – the extent to which the leader has the support and loyalty of subordinates, and the relations with subordinates are friendly and cooperative
2. Position Power – the extent to which the leader has authority to evaluate subordinate performance and administer rewards and punishments
3. Task Structure – the extent to which there are operating procedures to accomplish the task, a detailed description of the finished product and objective indicators of how well the task is being performed
• Favorability is determined by weighting and combining these three aspects of the situation
• The weighting procedure assumes that leader-member relations are more important than task structure
• According to the model, the situation is most favorable for the leader (octant 1) when:
o The subordinates are good,
o The leader has substantial position power
o The Task is highly structured
• The situation is least favorable for the leader (octant 8) when:
o The relations with the subordinates is poor
o The task is unstructured
o Position power is low
• The LPC interpretation has been changed in an arbitrary fashion
• The current interpretation is speculative
• LPC scores may not be stable over time and may be more complex than assumed
• In absence of behavioral variables the model does not provide any guidance for training leaders how to adapt to the situation
• The model neglects medium LPC leaders, who probably outnumber high and low LPC leaders
THE PATH GOAL THEORY OF LEADERSHIP
• The path goal theory of leadership was developed to explain how the behavior of a leader influences the satisfaction and performance of subordinates
• Expectancy theory describes work motivation in terms of a rational choice process in which a person decides how much effort to devote to the job at a given point in time
• In choosing between a maximal effort and minimal (or moderate effort) a person considers the likelihood that a given level of effort will lead to successful completion of the task and the likelihood that task completion will result in desirable outcomes
• Desirable outcomes include:
o Higher pay
o Sense of achievement
• Expectancy – the perceived probability of an outcome
• Valence – The desirability of an outcome
Calculate a fair price for your order
Do you need an essay?
Professional team of writers is able to craft custom essay from scratch according to your instructions. We are ready to satisfy writing needs of every demanding customer.
Do you need many essays?
The product provided is intended to be used for research or study purposes. Get instant access to over 200,000 papers.
Common topics in this essay:
- Controlling the Economy with Interest Rates Does it Accomplish the Task on the Consumer Side?
- Supervisor-Subordinate Relationships In Transformational Leadership And Leader-Member Exchange Model Of Leadership: Differences And Similarities.
- Tannnebaum & Schmidt's continuum of leadership theory (task, followers, and him/herself)
- Task 3 M3
- When should a leader allow subordinates to participate in decision making?
- Good leaders are made not born. If a person has the desire and willpower, he can become an effective leader. Good leaders develop through a never ending process of self-study, education, training, and experience.
- task 3
- PDHPE task 1
- The Task
- Unit 1 Info Tech ? Outcome 3/Assessment Task 2 ? Investigation Report
- Media Task
- the effect of baroque music on the performance of elementary students on problem solving task
- Are Teens Up To The Task?
- Task Management
- Task Management
Feedback of people who used our services.
My experience with ManyEssays.com is extremely satisfying! I was amazed on your user-friendly website which is very helpful. I have also happy on how your customer service experts ...
I would like to say thank you for the level of excellence on providing written works. My University required us a very difficult paper using a very specific writing format and ...
I am happy with the results your company gives. ManyEssays.com is the best place for essays!
I was given by my professor a very difficult essay assignment and I really don’t know what to do. I needed help and ManyEssays.com came at the right time. I quickly availed your ...
I am very happy on the excellent job your writers did on my thesis. It was beautiful in every way, it was a literary masterpiece! Everything was done according to instructions and ...
A top-notch organization all the way and a model in excellent service, your company is. The level of expertise in your field is exceptional as you have in your employment the best ...
Your writing service is so amazing! I was skeptic at first on how your company provides result, but my skepticism gradually vanished immediately after you had finished one task in ...
Your services were an important factor for my academic advance during my college years. I really thank you that you were there when I needed help in my term paper. Your company ...
4 pages / 937 words
12 pages / 3507 words
6 pages / 1780 words
1 pages / 248 words
2 pages / 596 words
2 pages / 358 words
1 pages / 231 words