Title: Is "I breathe therefore I am" the same as "I think therefore I am?"
|Date:||August 14, 2014|
|Length:||3 / 704|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
(Descartes 1985: 156-7) .
At the end of the first meditation, Descartes seeks one fact of which he can be certain and in "cogito ergo sum", he manages to reach the following conclusions:
1) Whatever thinks exists
2) I think.
Therefore 3) I exist.
In fact, this concept is stated at the beginning of his second meditation as follows,
"I have convinced myself there is absolutely nothing in the world, no sky, no earth, no minds, no bodies...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Does it follow now that I don't exist either? No. If I persuaded myself of anything, then certainly I existed. But there is a deceiver of supreme power and cunning who deliberately and constantly deludes me. In that case, too, I undoubtedly exist, if he is deceiving me. And let him deceive me to his heart's content, he will never bring it about that I am nothing so long as I think that I am something...
Showed next 250 characters
Common topics in this essay:
- Sylvia's Use of Senses in Ariel
- Fanatics: Will they Ever Come To Their Senses?
- Convincing Through the Senses
- Hundred Secret Senses
- Chicago: A City Of The Senses
- Conveying Senses
- IB TOK perception of senses
- If I See A Ghost Are My Senses
- OUR SENSES: A DANGEROUS GIFT
- The Five Senses
- the 5 senses
- touch senses
1 pages / 179 words
3 pages / 704 words
2 pages / 367 words
1 pages / 263 words
2 pages / 337 words
3 pages / 795 words
2 pages / 309 words