Title: Imperialism 2
|Date:||October 30, 2012|
|Length:||3 / 776|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The Chinese however didn't want to gods the English offered in return. The English began trading opium in return for the goods. Although it was illegal, many of the money hungry merchants excepted the opium in return for the things that were valuable to the English. Because of this, the first Anglo-Chinese war erupted...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Because of this, the first Anglo-Chinese war erupted. China underestimated the power of England and was defeated. At the end of the war, they were forced to sign the Treaty of Nanjing (1842). The treaty was one of the first treaties known as the "Unfair Treaties." Under this treaty, china gave up the island of Hong Kong, abolished the licensed monopoly system of trade, granted English nationals exemption from Chinese laws, and agreed to give England whatever trading concessions that were granted to other countries then and later...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Although New England and the Chesapeake Region were both settled by people of English origin, by 1700 the regions had evolved into two distinct societies. Why did this difference in development occur?
- Although New England and the Chesapeake region were both settles largely by people of English origin, by 1700 the regions had evolved into two distinct societies. Why did this development occur?
- Economic tern English-Chinese
- Embracing Students In Programs Of English As A Second Language: A Field Based Study Of The English As A Second Language Program In Como-Pickton Independent School District (C-Pisd)
- Politeness - a comparison between Chinese and English
- China/Japan Under Imperialism
- Chinese Imperialism
- Imperialism - In India And China
- Imperialism: Compare China and Yucatan
- Why were there three opium wars in china
- How Western Imperialism Affects China And Japan
- The relationship between the Dutch Haviltex case and the English HSBC Bank plc v. Liberty Mutual Insurance Company (UK) Ltd case
- Wars - The Results Lead To Further Conflicts
1 pages / 231 words
2 pages / 527 words
1 pages / 266 words
1 pages / 242 words
3 pages / 776 words
1 pages / 237 words
3 pages / 637 words