Title: Impact of Online Identity Theft on consumers & organisations
|Date:||November 20, 2012|
|Length:||5 / 1223|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
The main areas that online criminals target are bank details and financial records of customers from various organisations that they can get hold of large sums of money so it is worth the risk of hacking.
Credit card fraud scheme is when u use your card to shop online, giving details of your account in order to make a purchase, from here if you are careful you can stumble upon a mimicked site that is monitored by fraudsters using a program to record the details entered and these details is then use to make transactions from the victims account into the another account of the criminal or used for purchasing items instead of gaining hard cash,
Phishing is a scheme used by fraudsters to lure online customers to fake websites so they can reveal their bank details either through a purchase or through asking them to verify their account to make sure that the accounts is still active, this had lead to 55% rise in losses from online fraud against banks totally round about 23mil for the first half of 2006...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
chip and pin was introduced in 2004 in the hope to combat credit card fraud, and did decreased by 13% by the end of 2005, but even with this method in place the percentage of bank losing money from fraud carried out over the telephone, online or mail order rose by 5% and fraud using duplicate or counterfeit cards rose by 16%, this is due to the fact that criminals have access to tools and knowledge to the details of individual magnetic stripes behind a card and the card is then used in places where technology is less high-tech or used abroad because it is hard to detect that the card is being used illegally...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- USER AUTHENTICATION THROUGH TYPING PATTERNS
- mIRC Script Remote User Setup
- Women In Films: User Or Victim?
- Active Directory User Groups Implementation
- Comparing and Contrasting User Interfaces
- End User Computing In Uganda
- Final Project User Manual
- Good User Interface Design Tips
- Good User Interface
- Graphic User Interfaces
- IT user manual
- Impact of Online Identity Theft on consumers & organisations
- User Sampling Methods
- User guide
- User interface
4 pages / 1088 words
5 pages / 1223 words
3 pages / 695 words
1 pages / 192 words
2 pages / 456 words
2 pages / 426 words
1 pages / 242 words