|Date:||July 27, 2016|
|Length:||8 / 2117|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
People are shown as healthy, happy and hard working in Beer Street, while in Gin lane, they are scrawny, lazy and acting carelessly, such as the drunk woman at the front who reaches for a snuff box and in doing so, drops her baby. As Hogarth himself wrote, "Beer Street and Gin Lane were done when the dredfull [sic] consequences of gin drinking was at its height...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
In an earlier work, Strolling Actresses in a Barn, Hogarth also referred to another Act, the 1737 Act against strolling players. The Act is depicted on the left side of the engraving showing that the performance will be the women's last. Social references include the fact that there were many people of African descent in England at the time, as is shown by the servant and the black actress in this print...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- confusion and plato
- Differentiation Between Human And Machine - Confusion Caused By Media’S Mediated Experience.
- ?°Mid-Term Break?±: Confusion and the Atmosphere
- Reflecting on the Dead
- The Real Picture
- Severe Confusion in the cultural revolution
- Confusion in Modern society
- Scattered Hegemonies
- The "Confusion Ethics" of Raise the Red Lantern
- Newton's Reflecting Telescope
- Affirmative Action: Solution Or Confusion?
- My Confusion About Western Media(Some) And The Beijing Olympics
- Reflecting On The Spotted Owl
- The guardians of the world order have sought to establish democracy in one sense of the term, while blocking it in a different sense' (Chomsky). Discuss.
2 pages / 490 words
2 pages / 547 words
1 pages / 234 words
2 pages / 461 words
5 pages / 1245 words
2 pages / 347 words
2 pages / 411 words