|Date:||November 3, 2011|
|Length:||2 / 419|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
It played in New York for one year and then traveled for two years.
When segragation was abolished many theaters in the Harlem area flourished, especially the Lafayette theater. The African-American musical-comedies that showed there became popular very quickly. The first theater group of Harlem, the Lafayette Players, was founded at this theater in 1916 by Charles Gilpin...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
It was an African-American company, but it only performed plays written by whites because plays written by African-Americans were not yet in existance. It was a unique experience for African-Americans to see African-American actors playing roles that were serious instead of comedic. Other theater groups of the time included the Harlem Experimental Players, the Krigwa Players, the Negro Art Theater, the Utopia Players, and the Harlem Community Players...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- cater in the rye
- how learners need to be supported during teaching
- Q. Why have Socialists supported collectivism and how have they sought to promote it?
- Were Economic Factors Primarily Responsible For Nineteenth-Century Bri
- Were Economic Factors Primarily Responsible for British Imperialism?
- Seeking Self-Approval
- Pschic Approval
- APPRAISAL AND APPROVAL
- Study on effect of quality of sleep and subjective sleepiness, sustained attention and subjective mood.
- Homer's Approval on Odysseus' Revenge
- Does Body Art Lacks Employer Approval in the Workforce
- The Bat, The Man, and His Audiences
- Target Audiences
- Various Audiences Of Petrie's First Essey
3 pages / 713 words
2 pages / 465 words
2 pages / 435 words
3 pages / 871 words
2 pages / 432 words
2 pages / 347 words
3 pages / 631 words