Title: Globally Distributed Software Development - Fextrax
|Date:||January 31, 2017|
|Length:||6 / 1690|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Firms seem to be subcontracting an ever expanding set of activities, ranging from product design to assembly, from research and development to marketing, distribution and after-sales service. Some firms have gone so far as to become "virtual" manufacturers, owning designs for many products but making almost nothing themselves...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
However, not all the effects are positive and one must also consider the negative effects of GDSD
Research has found that the negative effects of GDSD are:
Lack of common understanding due to poor communication
Work is slowed down due the involvement of more people leading to bureaucracy
Reduced awareness of working local context and practices
Distributed teams do not under go the same forming-storming-norming performing process that co-located teams do
Lack of Trust
People at different sites are less likely to perceive themselves as part of the same team than are people at the same site
Ability to share work artefacts
In assessing the different effects that an implementation of GDSD would have on Fextrax it has been decided to perform a SWOT analysis to discover and outline the various internal and external factors that will affect any international development initiative that Fextrax may proceed with...
Showed next 250 characters
Common topics in this essay:
- ethical, legal, and regulatory issues differ on a B2C site compared to a B2B site
- Globalisation has increased competition faced by many enterprises. There are resulting pressures to achieve ?world class standards' in people management, operational methods and service delivery"
- Supply Chain on a B2B site compared to a B2C site
- Causes Of Increased Food Costs
- Learning by Teaching and Increased Exposure in the Classroom
- Threats and opportunities from site
- Paternal Age and Increased Risk of Schizophrenia, Providing Evidence for De Novo Mutations
- If air pollution increased much more, some wise guy will try to purchase it
- Advocating for increased awarness of drink and drug driving
- Has the Amount of Information on African Americans increased in Secondary School American History Books?
- Should Minimum Wage Be Increased?
- Globally Distributed Software Development - Fextrax
- increased nurse patient ratios
- Recommend how Dell should react to slower growth and increased competition in its core market segments. Explain how your new or modified positioning strategy enables Dell to leverage some of its existing advantages.
- Recommendations for Increased Productivity: Mumbai Call Center
2 pages / 532 words
1 pages / 270 words
3 pages / 689 words
3 pages / 730 words
6 pages / 1690 words
2 pages / 337 words
2 pages / 309 words