Title: Glaucon's Speech
|Date:||January 8, 2013|
|Length:||6 / 1554|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Next, when two people would perform injustices upon one another and see what both sides felt like they sat down and started to form laws against injustice: "When they would do injustice to one another and suffer it and taste of both its seems profitable to set down a compact among themselves neither to do injustice nor to suffer it" (lines 358e-359a)...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Then, Glaucon states that this is the start of justice which is something bounded by what is most desirable, performing injustice and getting away with no consequences, and what is least desirable, enduring it and having no ability to get revenge: "And this, then, is the genesis and being of justice; it is a mean between what is best-doing injustice without paying the penalty-and what is the worst-suffering injustice
without being able to avenge oneself" (line 359a)...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Human Nature - Are humans naturally good or evil?
- Unjust Classification of Literature
- Just and Unjust Laws
- Good leaders are made not born. If a person has the desire and willpower, he can become an effective leader. Good leaders develop through a never ending process of self-study, education, training, and experience.
- Unjust Law
- Unjust Application of Law
- Unjust War
- Catch 22 And Good As Gold - Sa
- The Constitution- Just Or Unjust?
- Unjust Bomb
- Glaucon in the Republic
- Glaucon vs. Thrasymachus
- Glaucon's Speech
- Thrasymachus vs. Glaucon
- Unjust laws
3 pages / 625 words
1 pages / 259 words
6 pages / 1554 words
2 pages / 313 words
2 pages / 326 words
1 pages / 264 words
4 pages / 989 words