Title: Geriatric Pain Management & Nursing Implications
|Date:||July 4, 2011|
|Length:||7 / 2077|
|No of views:||0|
|Essay rating:||good 0, average 0, bad 0 (total score: 0)|
Pain is a common experience for many elderly individuals that has negative consequences on their health, functioning and quality of life (Monti & Kunkel, 1998). This is of particular concern because the geriatric population is the fastest growing segment in the United States, and is projected to double to 72 million by the year 2030 (U...
Showed first 250 characters
Do you need an essay?
Here are the options you can choose from:
- Order plagiarism free custom written essay
- All essays are written from scratch by professional writers according to your instructions and delivered to your email on time
- Prices start from $12.99/page
Do you need many essays?
FULL access to essays database
- This option gives you the immediate access to all 184 988 essays
- You get access to all the essays and can view as many of them as you like for as little as $28.95/month
Census Bureau, 2005). It is estimated that individuals over the age of 65 suffer from pain twice as much as young adults, and the percentage of adults living in long term care that experience chronic pain is 70-80% (U.S. Census Bureau, 2005).
In terms of pain management, the elderly are the most undertreated and ineffectively controlled segment of the population...
Showed next 250 characters
Total price: $10.00
Common topics in this essay:
- Au Bon Pain
- Primo Levi- Pain Retold, Is Pain Redoubled"
- Pain Relief or Withhold Pain Medication?
- Does A Creature, Previously Unknown To Us, That Appears And Behaves As If It Feels Pain, Actually Feel Pain?
- Chronic Pain Vs. Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- What Is Pain?
- Asking a patient, "Do you have pain?" is not enough intervention for effective pain management by nurses
- Case Study Review - Reviving an Ancient Therapy to Manage Chronic Pain
- Evidence based practice in management of Cancer Pain
- Geriatric Pain Management & Nursing Implications
- Pain Manegment
- Pain in The Elderly